CLASSROOM VISITS – GUIDELINES FOR PARENTS
We are committed to working with “parents as our partners” to positively impact student performance Parents are always welcome to visit the school and observe their child in the classroom. This will give you a first-hand experience with what is being is being taught and how it will ultimately benefit your child.
Before you go to School
When you are at School
-Avoid engaging in a conversation or interrupting the teacher while a lesson is being conducted
-If you need to speak to your child’s teacher about your child’s academic progress, schedule a parent-teacher conference
-Sit quietly when you observe and sit in the place designated by the teacher
-Feel free to take notes and speak softly when spoken to
While you are in the classroom, ask yourself the following questions
After the visit, ask yourself the following questions
White down questions that you would like to ask your child’s teacher
GUIA DE VISITAS A LAS AULAS – PARA LOS PADRES
Estamos comprometidos a trabajar con los “padres como nuestros aliados” para impactar el rendimiento académico de nuestros estudiantes. Los padres siempre son bienvenidos a visitar la escuela y observar a su hijo/a.
Antes de ir a la Escuela
Respete al Maestro de su Hijo/a, a sus companeros y al salón de clases
Mientras está en el salon de classes, hágase las siguientes preguntas
Después de la Visita, hágase las siguientes preguntas
Escriba preguntas que le gustaria hacerle al maestro de su hijo/a.
The safety and security of staff and students at Richard-Merkin Middle School is of utmost importance. A critical part of creating a safe campus environment is for the administration, as well as those individuals or classrooms receiving visitors, to have advance knowledge of all visitors. School administration must know at all times who is on campus and reserves the right to refuse entry to any visitor. The following procedures for visiting Richard-Merkin Middle School will be strictly followed.
Richard-Merkin Middle School is a closed campus. All students are required to remain on school grounds during the regularly scheduled school day, including the lunch period. It is unlawful for anyone to take a student away from school during the regular school day without first obtaining proper permission from a designated school official.
VISITOR POLICY, SIGN IN, AND VERIFICATION
Principals are responsible for managing involvement of volunteers and visitors, and for ensuring that the activities of visitors and volunteers do not result in undue disruption of the instructional program. It is also important that the presence of visitors and volunteers does not contribute to safety or security issues for students and staff members or for the visitors themselves.
ALL CAMPUS VISITORS MUST:
· Request an appointment for a visitation date and time from the office staff after entering the school office. As much advance notice as possible should be given, but no visitor can be guaranteed entry to the campus on a specific date and time.
· Sign into the visitor’s log immediately upon entrance, providing all requested information (e.g., visitor’s name, date, time, name, purpose of visit, other additional information the School may require). This is for the safety of students, staff, as well as the individual in case of emergency. Failure to provide information will be grounds for denial of access.
· Show identification. Failure to provide information will be grounds for denial of access.
· Complete a visitor’s badge and obtain the principal/designee’s approval before proceeding. The visitor’s badge may include the following information: visitor name, date, time, destination and office approval. You may be required to wait depending on the principal’s/designee’s availability.
· Wear a visitor’s badge at all times during your stay at the school.
· Keep observation of classroom activity to a particular purpose and reasonable frequency, as determined by the School.
· Follow the established procedures for scheduling an appointment with the teacher(s).
· Return the visitor’s badge to the school office before leaving the campus and sign out. You must indicate on the visitor’s log the time you are leaving the school.
SOME IMPORTANT RULES FOR ALL VISITORS:
· The staff person/student you are visiting must be on campus that day and aware of the visit.
· Visitors must be escorted by designated school-personnel at all times on campus.
· Do not interfere with any school activity during the visitation. Visiting the School is a privilege, not a right.
· Enter and leave the classroom as quietly as possible when class is in session.
· While class is in session, do not converse with students, teachers, and/or instructional aides during the visitation unless explicitly permitted.