Middle School Success (Elective) Course Description:
The 6th Grade Elective is designed to assist students with the academic and social transition into middle school. We will focus on the ELA Common Core Readers/Writers Workshop, Lexile Level independent and group group reading. In addition to organizational/ study skills and High School/College readiness, so that students can be success scholars.
• Lexile independent reading
• Lexile small group reading
• Binder/supply/ IPad weekly checks
• Daily writing (daily journal entries, one page weekly reading reflections)
• Building strong fundamental reading a writing skills